It hasn’t been mentioned here yet but the jQuery IRC channel is pretty happenin’ – there’s at least a couple of us in there at all times. We’ve been busy hunting down bugs and I’ve been busy fixing them, here’s a quick run down of what’s been fixed in the past couple days:
- hide()/show() operations now work consistently in all browsers, even for weird use cases.
- A number of Prototype 1.3 + jQuery and Prototype 1.4 + jQuery bugs have been handled, there should be no problems using Prototype and any of the extra modules now.
- Problems with the .toggle() method not restoring display: inline properly.
- document.ready() can now be called multiple times – all functions are added to a queue.
- Weird browser-specific attributes are auto-corrected (like for=htmlFor, class=className, and float=cssFloat).
What is there to look forward to this weekend? A lot. An AJAX module has been in Alpha testing and is ready to see some action, along with some new effects (fadeIn/fadeOut), new selector methods (.ancestor(), .siblings(), etc.), and a bunch of helper methods (.text(), .value(), .visible(), etc.). If you want to see something explored in particular, feel free to drop me an email or visit the mailing list.